How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Westfield
Remote work is here to stay for numerous professionals, no matter if you occupy a house or a single-bedroom apartment. If you reside in the latter, you won’t have the advantage of an extra bedroom to serve as your home office, but you are still able to incorporate a suitable work area. Check out these straightforward tips and learn how to make a home office in a small apartment in Westfield.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Westfield
- Select a suitable desk. Choosing a desk of a proper size to match your area is important. If you work with a laptop, the desk only has to extend from the wall around 20 inches. Your worktop is ideally around 28 inches off the floor and may be any width that works for your space. Make sure you have room for an extra monitor. You'll be happy you have one when you have spreadsheets up, a conference call going, and various other windows open. Really short on square footage? Try a two-tier folding desk you can stow away when not in use.
- Where could your desk go? If you can slide your desk neatly into a corner, terrific! But you may have to get more creative on placement. A slim desk can be moved directly behind a sofa. You could use a small rug and desk lamp to identify the spot as your office. An open wall on one side of a room will also work. Place some artwork or keep some plants on your desk so you aren’t staring at an unadorned wall all day.
- Let your desk do double duty. If you’re limited on space, employ your desk for more than a desk. Put it beside your bed to double as a nightstand. Or don’t worry about a desk at all and work at your bartop or dining room table.
- Install floating shelves. These additions work perfectly when your desk is next to a wall. You’ll have more room for whatever you need and can easily blend shelving into your room’s specific design.
Would You Like To Mix Things Up? Try The Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Looking for an alternative in your own apartment? Implement a small standing desk to change your perspective and improve circulation. An inexpensive laptop stand can help get your computer at the appropriate height.
Here are a few extra space-saving items you can incorporate into your small apartment home office in Westfield:
- Folders you can hang on the wall
- Small printer stand that works nicely under the table
- Small storage containers that can stick to the your monitor
- Noise-reducing headphones for loud kids and roommates
Design Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Union Street Flats
Your home office will look wonderful in your new apartment at Union Street Flats. We have various available floor plans to accommodate your remote workspace needs. Request a tour of our Westfield community or reach out to us at 317-942-3629 if you need more information.