How To Welcome Green Apartment Living In Westfield
Doing your part for the environment doesn't have to be a large undertaking. Even when you reside in an apartment, there are many actions you can do to help secure our planet for the next generation. Basic chores like selecting sustainable items and reserving water can make an impact over time. If you're ready to take on sustainable apartment living in Westfield, here are some basic tips to get you started.
Replace Your Single-Use Products With Reusable Items
Steer clear of one-time plastic containers and single-use napkins for cleaning. Try adding reusable items in your routine. Here are a few straightforward alterations to think about.
- Water bottles: When utilizing amenities like an exercise room wouldn't it be more ideal to bring a strong reusable water bottle rather than a flimsy disposable vessel? Steer clear of sending out plastic to garbage dumps by using a water bottle you can replenish.
- Kitchen dish towels and microfiber cleaners: End your reliance on disposable towels and instead, use reusable towels or microfiber cloths to wipe off countertops, stovetops, and other dirty surfaces.
- Refillable soap dispensers: Why discard your pre-filled soap dispenser in the garbage when it's empty? Rather, use a long-lasting replenishable soap dispenser. You'll find them in a range of styles to match your design taste.
- Silicone bags and straws: Washable and durable, you can discover a variety of silicone products such as produce storage containers, straws, and even bags you can take to school or your workplace.
Go one step further and find products such as soap dispensers and water bottles created with recycled materials. This not only reduces waste but also encourages a more sustainable future.
Look To Protecting Water And Energy For A Eco-Friendly Apartment In Westfield
Have you ever forgotten to turn off the water as you’re cleaning your teeth or washing dishes? You are not a unique case. Being mindful of water usage is an superb plan for a eco-friendly apartment in Westfield. Following that same idea, take the time to turn the light off when leaving and power down your computer.
Some additional tips for conserving energy:
- Take a look at your light bulbs and consider making the change to energy efficient alternatives.
- Reduce hot water usage by cutting down on steamy showers and doing your laundry in cool water instead.
- Stay away from running your HVAC system at maximum power. Open windows when you can in the summer season and keep cozy blankets and sweaters handy in the cold months.
Maximize your recycling efforts in Westfield
Even if you embrace the habit of using a refillable water bottle, you may still encounter an occasional plastic one in your Westfield home. Make sure to recycle it. Make an effort to recycle as much as possible, including empty toilet paper rolls, wine corks, and those cardboard boxes that arrive at your doorstep. Find out if your community has recycling. If not, you can get them in the surrounding area, on your local school’s campus, or even through your workplace.
Adopt a green lifestyle at your brand-new Westfield home.
If you're in search of a ideal place to implement your eco-friendly apartment lifestyle goals, check out the wonderful options at Union Street Flats. Our Westfield apartments will elevate your lifestyle as you contribute to the health of the planet. You'll enjoy the large units, outstanding amenities, and attentive staff. Schedule a walk-through or simply call 317-942-3629 to speak with a member of our team.