Your Ultimate Apartment Moving Checklist For Westfield
There is much to accomplish when you move to a new apartment complex in Westfield. Having a handy guide at your side will ensure everything goes smoother. It helps you document every task, stay focused, and feel more in control. With a goal of making your ensuing relocation less of a burden, we’ve put together these crucial steps for your apartment moving checklist in Westfield.
8 Weeks Prior To Your Moving Day: Get Prepared
- Get organized. Utilize our recommendations to begin your Westfield apartment moving checklist and supplement it with additional tasks when you remember something else.
- Notify your current leasing office. Many agreements call for advance notice of usually 30 or 60 days before moving out.
- Check what your current landlord requires when leaving, such as repairing damage, cleaning, and scheduling a walk-through. Add those tasks to your checklist.
6 Weeks Before Moving: Get Ready For The Big Day
You’re now ready to start planning the day of your move and arrange the help you need.
- Finalize anything that’s still pending with your new apartment property in Westfield. Establish the date of your arrival, review the move-in process, and finish whatever paperwork is still left.
- Enlist professional movers or secure a van or truck. Reserve as soon as possible so that you lock in a date that works best for your schedule.
- Make babysitting or pet-sitting plans for moving day to keep kids and animals safe.
2-4 Weeks Before Your Move: Get Packed
- Assemble packing materials and boxes.
- Begin packing non-vital goods and getting rid of things you no longer want. Remind yourself to label boxes!
- Repair any damages you are responsible for in your previous residence to ensure the return of your deposit.
- Revise your insurance coverage with your new home.
- Fill out a form to change your address and arrange for mail forwarding from the USPS.
- Line up the shifting of your utility services or set up new accounts for gas, electricity, internet, etc.
- Notify subscription services of your address change.
- Discover where the most convenient dining, shopping, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options are in your new community.
1 Week Until Moving: Finalize Plans
The home stretch is sure to be busy but exciting as you get ready to move.
- Reaffirm your moving service or truck rental and give directions and other details for the day of your move.
- Complete your packing. Set aside an overnight bag for the initial nights in your new apartment, and figure out a safe way to store prized possessions or personal documentation to keep in close proximity.
- Sweep up your old place when you pack those last few boxes. .
- Pick up the keys and complete a first pass of your new home. Identify and inform management of all maintenance concerns.
- Plan where your furniture will fit in your newly acquired apartment's layout.
Moving Day: Keep Your Checklist Close!
- Drop off pets or kids with trusted family, friends, or paid sitters until moving is done.
- Advise the movers as they pack and unpack the moving van or truck. Be sure to tip them and submit the last payment.
- Do the final walk around of your previous unit.
- Check that you have important utilities like gas and electric as well as fully functional smoke alarms.
- Get the essentials laid out at your new apartment, including beds, toilet paper, and snacks.
Add A Tour Of Union Street Flats To Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Westfield
You have to find a new home before you begin packing. What about Union Street Flats? Our friendly leasing professionals are ready to give you an on-site or virtual tour of our wonderful property and will help you determine the ideal apartment layout for you. Put us on your to-do list and call 317-942-3629 or schedule a tour today to see what we have to offer.