Swimming pools and fitness centers are wonderful, but if you share your home with a four-legged companion, there really isn’t a better benefit than an apartment dog park in Westfield. Dogs, similar to humans, are energetic and friendly animals who need the company of others. They’ll be in a healthier state from a physical and mental standpoint if they have an opportunity to get out and exercise and you will too! Dog parks have a multitude of wonderful benefits but you should also think about established etiquette to ensure you get the most out of your experience.
Perks Of Apartment Dog Parks
Dog parks are like your loyal companion’s very own health center and social gathering space combined into one. There are undeniable benefits for your animal, but a few nice rewards for you as well. Explore why these spots are such a sought-after amenity.
- Run around and meet others: Dogs aren’t meant to sit around inside for days at a time. They require exercise and interaction with other animals to stay happy and healthy. A dog park offers this chance. If they get plenty of exercise and socialization, you’ll notice a happier, well-adjusted animal with fewer instances of disturbing behavior. As an additional virtue, you’ll get a bit of exercise and have an opportunity to get to know the fellow dog owners in your community.
- Structured environment: Giving your dog free reign to run loose through the shared spaces of your apartment property is not only troubling to your fellow Residents, it could be risky for your pet. Keep your four-legged friends away from busy streets and give them a chance to roam in a safe, secure setting.
- Enjoy the time with your animal: In all likelihood, you consider your pet to be part of your family. The bond you have with your loyal companion is b, and the afternoons you spend together in a dog park will only enhance that connection.
Proper Etiquette At Your Apartment Dog Park
Following a couple common sense etiquette rules will do wonders for making certain you have a pleasant time at your apartment dog park in Westfield. When going, keep these suggestions in mind:
- Keep an eye on your dog: Without question, it’s an added bonus for you to meet and greet your neighbors, but always maintain a close watch over your dog. Look out for aggressive behavior and intervene when needed. You know your dog better than anyone else and are able to discern moments of trouble.
- Pick up after your dog: Do your duty to keep the amenity clean and sanitary by picking up and removing your animal’s waste.
- Avoid bringing food to the bark park: Even though your pet may behave perfectly while you’re enjoying a snack, others likely won’t. The odor or sight of food may lead to unwanted behavior.
- Make sure your dog is at ease before going inside: If your furry friend has been confined in a room or a cage for a lengthy amount of time, they might be in need of a moment to unwind before enjoying the park. A brisk walk prior to going over could be a smart solution.
It goes without saying, your dog needs to be vaccinated and have current tags. If your dog is showing signs of feeling troubled at the park, be certain you have your leash close by in case you have to leave swiftly.
Check Out Apartments With Dog Parks In Westfield
If you’re trying to find apartments with dog parks in Westfield take a tour of Union Street Flats. We offer Residents a range of popular amenities to benefit your lifestyle and give you a sense of being a member of a community. Schedule a tour today or dial 317-942-3629 and converse with a member of our office team.