If it’s spring cleaning season or your Westfield apartment just looks grimy, a good cleaning can get it neat and tidy again. It’s fairly common to get frustrated when taking on more than you should at one setting. In order to make straightening up your place less of a challenge, we’ve devised an apartment cleaning checklist for Westfield Residents.
Your Westfield Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Every Room
Complete these tasks in all spaces of your unit before addressing specific rooms to save time. Use this apartment cleaning checklist for Westfield to keep yourself organized.
- Eliminate clutter.
- Look above you and dust in corners of ceilings.
- Dust door frames and tops of doors.
- Wipe off walls and baseboards.
- Remove grime from windows with glass cleaner and a cloth.
- Dust or launder window treatments.
- Clean doorknobs and high-touch areas with a Clorox wipe.
- Use a mop or vacuum on floors and address any stains or blemishes.
- Before you put away your duster, get the blades and all other areas of all ceiling fans.
- Take your trash out.
Your Cleaning Checklist for Living Rooms
Whether you enjoy having friends over or relaxing alone in a quiet space, get your living room orderly and accommodating with a proper cleaning.
- Vacuum and spot-clean furniture. Utilize a pet hair attachment or lint roller if you have pets.
- Dust flat surfaces and everything on them.
- Dust electronics with a microfiber cloth.
- Shine up furniture by polishing.
- Wipe down and sanitize all remotes.
- Ensure that everything you need like remotes and coasters are located close by.
Cleaning Checklist for the Dining Room
The multitude of messes in the dining room come from food. For forgotten food scraps stuck to a tabletop or floor, put a warm, damp rag on top of it for one or two minutes to soften it a bit.
- Sweep crumbs from the table and chairs and spot-clean tacky places.
- Wipe off the backs and legs of chairs.
- Give wood tables a good poslishing or employ a spray-on cleaner on your glass furniture.
- Go with a soft duster to clean off any open shelves with glassware or other breakables.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Apartment Kitchen
Kitchens can get sticky and smelly from all that cooking. You can choose off-the-shelf options to deal with those greasy stains, but a handful of everyday supplies are great choices as well.
- Give the cabinets a wipe with soapy water on a cloth and quickly follow behind with a a clean, slightly dampened cloth].
- Wipe off countertops with an appropriate product for your specific material or you can treat with white vinegar.
- Scrub sinks with a paste of baking soda and a bit of water. Some baking soda sprinked down the disposal will help in eliminating foul odors. Follow it with water after about 10 minutes.
- Run the dishwasher with a shallow food storage container of vinegar in the top rack. Then wipe out the unit with a clean cloth.
- Get a cup of water boiling in the microwave to let the dampened air work on any hardened food scraps. Wipe out with a damp sponge or cloth.
- Wash stovetop components in the sink. Spray the door to your oven and stovetop with a store-bought cleaning solution or equal parts vinegar and water and scrub.
- Act in accordance with your oven’s self-cleaning instructions or simply make use of a water and baking soda paste to wash it out.
- Utilize a mild soap or an equal blend of vinegar and water to clean the the fridge shelves and interior; follow with a wet rag. After that’s complete, roll the fridge forward and get the floor below with a broom.
Cleaning Checklists For Bathrooms
If you dread bathroom cleaning, complete these quick chores once a day so your bathroom doesn’t get too dirty.
- Wide down your mirror above the sink with a spray-on cleaner and a clean rag.
- Wipe down counters with an all-purpose cleaner or use a water and vinegar mix on a sponge or cloth.
- Gently wipe cabinetry with mild soap followed a damp cloth.
- Give the toilet a quick brush.
- Clean off the exterior surfaces of the toilet with a disinfecting product or vinegar mix.
- Wash off the shower and bathtub with an all-purpose cleaner or vinegar.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Westfield
You’ll sleep better in a dust-free and uncluttered bedroom!
- Straighten up or rearrange your closet.
- Use a duster for any shelves, desks or other surfaces.
- Routinely wash the bedding.
- Pick up clothing items from the floor and put them in the hamper.
- Make use of an extendable dusting tool to dust underneath your bed frame.
Choose A Spacious Apartment At Union Street Flats
A clean unit feels nice, but in some instances you would be better off with a new apartment entirely. Check out the roomy, well-appointed apartments at Union Street Flats. Reach out to our leasing specialists at 317-942-3629 or arrange a tour to get started.