The opening of an outdoor pool is like the unofficial kickoff to summertime. You’re ready to relish your weekends in the water. But before you do, review this simple guide for apartment pool safety in Westfield. A few prudent safety measures will greatly help in keeping you and your family out of danger when frequenting this widely enjoyed apartment amenity.
Top Tips For Apartment Pool Safety
Even though they are enjoyable and peaceful, swimming pools do pose a safety risk, especially for novice swimmers. To ensure you have a fantastic time, observe these essential apartment pool safety precautions for Westfield.
- Never swim alone: It doesn’t matter if you’re a accomplished swimmer or new to the water - you should always have someone else with you in case of an emergency. Accidents can take place regardless of your age, physical state, or athletic ability.
- Watch out for little ones: If you have little kids, be certain they put on a properly sized flotation device. And be sure to watch over your little ones carefully the entire time, even when they’re not in the pool. A toddler teetering on the edge of a swimming pool is a crisis about to unfold. If your family members haven’t learned how to swim, the summer is a perfect time to register for instruction.
- Finish eating before you jump in: Your mouth should be free of food when entering the pool to keep yourself from choking. So complete your meal and dispose of your chewing gum before jumping in.
- Avoid pushing, running, and diving: Pool decks are slippery, and apartment swimming pools are typically not very deep. With this in mind, pushing, running, and diving should be avoided to steer clear of harm.
- Don’t hold your breath underwater: We’ve all observed youngsters challenge each other to a breath-holding contest. This is a bad idea at any age as it can cause losing consciousness and drowning.
- Be conscious of the weather: Take heed of weather warnings, and if you discern thunder or catch sight of lighting, don’t ignore it. Exit the swimming pool and move to safety.
- Abide by all visible instructions: Your apartment community will have rules displayed. Adhere to them and ensure your visitors do as well. They are in place for your own well-being.
- Avoid glassware: Select plastic or cans when planning your day at the swimming pool. Glassware and hard concrete surfaces aren’t a good match. If a glass bottle shatters, it may quickly cause problems for unprotected feet.
There’s no reason why you can’t fellow Residents can savor a fantastic time at your apartment’s swimming pool this summer. Just be sure to play it safe whether you’re in or around the water.
Looking For An Apartment With A Swimming Pool In Westfield?
Escape the heat and revel in the excitement of an apartment swimming pool in Westfield at Union Street Flats. We have the high-end amenities you want and a vast range of floor plans to choose from. Schedule a tour to find your new home today. If you have a question, feel free to call 317-942-3629 and chat with one of our helpful leasing agents.